Thursday, March 15, 2018
3 Mile Still Recovering and Should Have Been Easier Run
Last Saturday I ran 16 miles. I am still recovering. My run started out great and I felt great. Instead of following the smart Easy Run Pace, I push a bit harder and paid the price. It hurt. I couldn't keep running and had to walk. That would have been ok, but it was cold and hailing and I had a spot in my leg that was all locked up. So, I did what any girl would do. I called my husband to come the 1/2 mile and pick me up. I didn't even feel any shame in it.
I don't want to be injured. I don't want to push myself to a point where I can't run for a week or two just because I wanted to stick to a plan. So, I called it a day.
Bad runs happen. I learn from it and hope for better luck next time. No big deal, there are many of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment